Configure email notifications about problematic user behavior and receive an email if it occurs.
Note: This feature is available on Standard and Premium pricing plans.
What types of email notifications are available?
Currently, daily email notifications are available, and real-time email notifications will be added in the future.
How do Time Doctor daily email notifications work?
Each manager, admin, and owner can configure email notifications for themselves. For each email notification, it is possible to select the conditions that need to be met to trigger the notification, as well as which users and days of the week the notification should apply to.
How to set up email notifications
Go to Settings / Email notifications, click on the "New notification" button, and a side panel will open where you'll be able to:
- Create a name for the notification so that you can recognize it later
- Select the condition that should trigger the notification
- Select which users it should apply to (all users, specific groups, or individual people)
When you click on the green "Create" button, the email notification will appear on the list of the email notifications you have already set up and emails will be sent to the email address associated with your Time Doctor account when the conditions are met. Daily email notifications are sent on the next day at 2 am in your company's time zone.
Available conditions for daily notifications
The following conditions are currently available:
- Too much unproductive time ("Unproductive time % per day greater than...")
- Too little productive time ("Productive time % per day lower than...")
- Too high idle minutes ("Idle minutes % per day greater than...")
- Too high idle seconds ("Idle seconds % per day greater than...")
- The user hasn't been active for some days ("Did not track time in...")
- Too many or too few hours worked ("Daily hours worked greater/lower than...")
- Late or early start time ("Start time later/earlier than...")
- If you use the "Work schedules" feature - attendance issues: a user was late, absent, or partially absent for their shift ("Did not follow work schedule")
- Manual or mobile time ("Manual or mobile time added"). You might want to enable this notification if you would like to review the time that is added manually.