This article explains how to install the Time Doctor application on Chrome operating system
Note: Time Doctor Chrome OS application is currently available in Beta and can be used by interactive users only.
Follow the instructions below to install the Time Doctor Chrome OS application on a Chrome operating system.
- Download the Chrome OS application extension from the Chrome web store using this link and click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
- You will see a pop-up. Click on the button that says “Add extension” in order to continue installing the extension.
- Once the extension is installed, click on http://desktop.timedoctor.com/ on the pop-up as shown in the below image.
- Click on the option of "Install" from the URL Address bar in the browser window.
- From the pop-up, click on the button that says “Install”.
- Once installed, you will see the welcome screens on the Chrome OS application.
- After going through the welcome screens, you will be able to log into your Time Doctor account and start tracking time to tasks that have been assigned to you.
Time Doctor Chrome OS Application - Task Version
If you use the Projects and Tasks feature of the Time Doctor application, the Admin or Manager of your Time Doctor account can create Projects & Tasks and assign them to you as explained in this article so you can track time to these tasks.
Time Doctor Chrome OS Application - No Task Version
If you don’t use the Projects and Tasks feature of the Time Doctor application, you can still use the Chrome OS application to track time using the Play and Pause buttons on the application.
Chrome OS Application and the Chrome Extension:
Time Doctor offers integrations with some third-party apps via a Chrome Extension. You can use the Chrome OS application along with the extension, which inserts a button to begin tracking time to third-party application tasks.
Here is a list of 3rd party applications that our Chrome extension supports, and here is a video tutorial that shows how the extension works.
The Chrome OS application can only take screenshots and record the activity of the user within the web browser window only. Any user activity outside of the web browser isn’t tracked by the application.
Reach out to email@example.com should you need any assistance.