Only interactive users can be added by CSV.
To add users by CSV, follow these steps:
- Visit the Invite page and select the "Add by CSV" tab at the top of the page.
- Download the sample CSV file to see the format & fields required.
- Upload a CSV file containing each user's name, email address, and password. (Note: Password must be at least 6 characters long)
- Select other settings on the Invite page for the users in the uploaded file.
- Click the "Add users" button at the bottom of the page.
Time Doctor will NOT send email invites to employees who were added by CSV, so after adding the users you'll need to do these additional steps:
- Visit the Download page and download the installation file for the desktop app (choose the .BAT version of the installation file at the bottom of the Download page if you're going to install it using Group Policy)
- Install the desktop app on employee computers.
- Share each employee's username (email address) & password with them (which you added when creating their accounts using the CSV file above), so that they can log into both the desktop app to track their work, and the web app to see reports on their work
For questions, comments, or feedback regarding this topic, send an email to email@example.com.