This article will explain how to enable and configure the payroll feature in Time Doctor.
Payroll can be generated at any point in time for any user(s) and exported in CSV format.
Only the company owner can enable payroll and give payroll access to another user (with any access level).
IMPORTANT: The payroll feature is not available for silent companies.
Enabling and Setting up Your Payroll
First, you’ll need to enable payroll in your Company Settings.
After doing that, you’ll see a new menu item at the top called “Payroll.”
Now, you can configure and generate your payroll.
- Enable additional payment method(s): PayPal and/or TransferWise.
Note: If you want to make manual payments, please don’t enable those options.
- Select the user(s) that you want to include in the payroll.
- Select a date range for your payroll.
- Select the payment currency for each user.
- Optional: Add or deduct an adjustment.
You can add additional pay if your employee(s) received a bonus, for example.
- Enter the pay rate for each person.
- Select the payment method for each person.
- Now you can export your payroll as a CSV file and upload it to PayPal and/or TransferWise to make a batch payment. If you export the manual payment payroll, it will contain all the information available on the Payroll page.
If you’ve enabled multiple payment methods, your payroll will be exported as a ZIP file containing separate CSV files for each payment method.
Currencies, pay rates, and payment methods will be remembered for your next payroll.
How to export and upload your Payroll to Gusto
- Make sure that you've enabled Gusto export option in your Payroll's CSV Export Methods.
- Change payment method to Gusto in Payment method column.
- Click Export CSV.
- Download the file.
- Upload it to Gusto. To learn more how to upload CSV files to Gusto please click here.
For questions, comments, or feedback regarding this topic, please send an email to email@example.com.