This article will explain how to create projects and tasks in Time Doctor as well as how to assign employees to a project.
Note: Projects must have at least one task in them to be visible in the desktop app. If a project has no tasks, it won’t be visible in the desktop app.
To Create a Project
- Log into your account.
- Go to Settings - > Company Settings. Make sure that Use Projects and Tasks is set to YES.
- Go to Settings -> Projects & Tasks.
- Click on Add Project to add a new project.
- Name your project and click on the + button to add the new project to your project list.
To Create a Task and Assign the Project To Your Employees
- Click on Add task and name your new task.
- Click on People and select who will have access to this project and the tasks within that project. You can choose to assign the project to all employees, some employees, or specific groups of employees.
That’s it! Now your employees should be able to see the newly-created project(s) and task(s) in their desktop app.
To Remove a Project
- Click on the Archive button next to the project’s name in the list.
Who Can Create Projects and Tasks?
By default, only owners and admins can add projects and tasks. You can, however, enable this setting for manager accounts as well.
To do so, you’ll need to go to Settings -> Company Settings. Once there, click on “Show advanced” -> enable the “Allow managers to create projects and tasks” option.
For questions, comments, or feedback regarding this topic, send an email to email@example.com.