Any user can have one of the following access levels in Time Doctor. Company owners and admins can set the access level of any user on the Manage Users page.
Regular User (Silent)
Regular users using the silent app don’t have any permissions by default. They’re unable to log into the website to view any work data. If you’d like to give them access to their own data, please contact us.
Regular User (Interactive)
Regular users using the interactive desktop app can:
- Control when their work is tracked (by starting and stopping the desktop app whenever they choose);
- Log into the website to view reports on their own work; and
- Manually edit their own work (if the Edit Time feature is enabled for that person).
Managers can do everything that regular users can do, and can also:
- View reports on the work activity of everyone they manage; and
- View the screenshots of everyone they manage.
- Manually edit the work of people they manage (if the Edit Time feature is enabled for the manager).
Clients have limited read-only access. They can’t track their own work and can only see:
- Screenshots of the people and projects that you’ve given them access to; and
- Projects & Tasks reports for the people and projects that you’ve given them access to.
Admins can do everything that regular users and managers can do, and can also:
- Invite and disable users;
- Edit all settings for other users (everything on the Manage Users page) including screenshots, inactive time, etc;
- Update the company settings (e.g. time zone, etc.);
- Change user privileges (e.g. promote a user from user to manager, select who manages whom, etc.);
- Create and edit projects & tasks;
- Select which users have access to which projects; and
- Manually edit the work of anyone in the company.
Each company account has only one owner. Owners can do everything that regular users, managers, and admins can do, and can also:
- Request cancellation or deletion of the Time Doctor account; and
- Access and modify billing information for the account.
- Enable Payroll
For questions, comments, or feedback regarding this topic, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.